Tuesday, July 29, 2014

We Did It????????

The wedding.....well as you know we had a hurricane come through the Thursday night before the Saturday wedding.  Thursday afternoon I was at the History Place setting out tables and putting covers and runners on them.  Got the bowls with the candles set out and the blue and white paper lanterns and streamers hung up from the dropped ceiling.  Ginny, Tammy, Tyler and Karen came out and helped with the wall hanging and the decorations for the head tables.

Charlie and Lydia (Tiffany's  paternal grandparents) were supposed to get in Thursday night but they they were held up in Baltimore by the storms up there and didn't ever get to Raleigh til after midnight so I told them to stay there as the weather was getting rather blustery.

Friday dawns beautiful.  No damage to home or wedding site.  Yay!!  I spent that day picking up the last few things needed and then hung out with Charlie Lydia and Tiff until we all went to Denis and Ginny's for a cookout.  Saw some fireworks as several of the towns did not postpone.  

Saturday I met Genae and Kevin (babysitter/photographers extraordinaire) at Flanner's Beach with Tiff, Charlie and Lydia to get some pictures made of the three of them.  Then back to the house grabbed my stuff and out the door to pick up the wedding cake and cupcakes.  Off to the History Place to finish up the last few items of decorating.  It was open for visitors and I got lots of compliments on the way it looked.    

Miss Judy met me there and did my hair for me about 3:30.  Bless her heart I appreciated not having to run anywhere else by this point.  Folks started showing up around 4:15 or so and my friend Janet was a huge help is showing everyone where to go.  I got dressed, put on makeup  (yeah that was fun considering I never wear the stuff)....and waited.

Jeff and I decided to walk in together rather that a formal processional.  Poor Father John.  When he hast if anyone knew why we shouldn't get married Jeff's phone rang and he had to stop and answer it....he and Tchitchu planned it of course.  Father John looked and me and told me I still had time to change my mind to which I answered  I'm thinking ala Abbott and Costello.  

We continue on and as Jeff is saying his vows this look of absolute terror crossed his face which caused me to have a fit of the giggles.  That was good.  We got through that and then the next adventure comes when Father John takes his things from around his neck and explains the custom of  "tying the knot" and proceeds to tie mine and Jeff's hands together..,at which point Tiff (who has been standing up there with us the whole time) starts pulling on the thing and says no no not good very loudly...brought the house down.

Finally got through it and and he now pronounced us man and wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment